2015 Yamaha Phazer R-TX
Stock Image: Black/Blue
Quality Home and Sports Center
Brand new 2015 Phazer RTX on the show room floor. $200.00 Off with mention of this.
Free-ridin', good-timin' mogul master.
- Sport Performance 4-stroke engine: Lightweight, dependable and fun, the Genesis® Sport Performance engine’s high tech design puts down 80 horsepower-class performance on the trail and off. Powering the distinctive Phazer family of sleds, this 2-cylinder engine is quick-revving and very torquey for sporty acceleration. The advanced fuel injection system automatically keeps it running at maximum output and fuel efficiency for the conditions.
- Advanced fuel injection: The Genesis Sport Performance engine uses an advanced fuel injection system to control fuel flow to the engine. Consumers will enjoy the engine’s spot-on performance and throttle response as a result of the advanced electronic fuel injection system.
- Lightweight, counterbalanced crankshaft: The Genesis Sport Performance engine’s crankshaft is designed to be light weight, responsive and durable. The lightweight, counterbalanced crankshaft delivers super-crisp throttle response and quick acceleration. It also helps mitigate the vibration inherent in a 2-cylinder engine.
- Lightweight, rear-exiting exhaust: The exhaust from the Sport Performance engine is routed out the rear of the sled, similar to the other Genesis 4-stroke engine packages. The rear exiting exhaust design serves three purposes. First, it keeps the exhaust heat out of the engine bay to allow a super-compact design. Second, it allows the engine to breathe more efficiently through a cooled exhaust pipe. Finally, it helps to balance the overall sled package, giving the Phazer R-TX its amazingly nimble handling.
- 14 x 121 x 1-inch Camoplast® Rip Saw™ track: The Phazer R-TX uses a 14-inch wide Camoplast® Rip Saw™ track with 1-inch lugs. The track design is lighter than a traditional 15-inch design for performance and handling. It also allows the tunnel to be narrower to contribute to the sled’s ergonomics.
- Radiator and front extrusion: In order to generate consistently-strong engine performance, all Genesis Sport Performance sleds feature a small radiator on the right hand side of the engine cab and a front extrusion. The use of a small radiator improves the sled’s cooling system function, which means greater engine durability. It also enhances the sled’s handling by relocating the mass of a rear heat exchanger up to the central portion of the sled.
- Oil Pressure Sensing System: The Phazer R-TX is fitted with an oil pressure sensing system. If the oil pressure drops while riding, the ignition and fuel supply is controlled to limit the engine’s RPM and reduce the load on the engine. If necessary the system will stop the engine.
- New Tuner Dual-Keel ski: The all-new Tuner dual-keel ski greatly contributes to the Phazer R-TX’s sporty, but forceful trail character. The dual keels keep the ski tracking straight and true down the trail, eliminating nosiness and darting. Each keel has its own wearbar, and Yamaha has four different bar configurations to choose from, which means you can tune your sled's cornering bite and steering effort to suit your personal preference.
- Ultra light, ultra rigid FX™ chassis: The Phazer R-TX is built on the FX Chassis. It features lightweight, rigid CF diecast member and chromoly tube construction. The FX Chassis was engineered specifically to house the Genesis sport performance engine and incorporates that engine package in its overall balance dynamic. The FX Chassis is also the backbone for the sport rider-forward position on the Phazer R-TX.
- Sport rider-forward position: The Phazer R-TX takes many of its cues from other off-road motorsports, including its sport rider-forward positioning. It has a tall, narrow seat and tall, forward handlebars like the popular YZ® motocross bike. It puts the rider in a pure sport posture, without being overly aggressive. The sport rider-forward position also locates the mass of the rider right at the balance point for the sled, aiding its incredible handling.
- Trail-width double wishbone front suspension: The FX Chassis uses a specifically engineered front suspension package to accommodate its unique weight distribution and handling needs. Because of the Phazer R-TX’s naked front end design, the A-arms need to be longer than even the second generation design found on the Deltabox™ II chassis models. The Phazer R-TX also features lightweight extruded aluminum spindles.
- Wide, hooked handlebars: To match the tall and forward position, a single-piece, dual-hooked handlebar is standard fare on the Phazer R-TX. The hooks have the same grip material as the main bar section, for consistent control, regardless of hand position on the grip.
- Integrated chaincase with magnesium cover: The FX Chassis has the chain case cast right into the frame member, and has a magnesium cover plate that forms the seal to keep the oil in. This trick piece of technology is a highlight of the goal to simplify the sled and minimize weight. Riders will appreciate the reduced overall weight on the Phazer R-TX and its amazingly nimble handling as a result.
- CF diecast construction: Yamaha’s Controlled Flow casting technique is used for many of the structural pieces on the chassis. The CF process draws the molten metal into the mold under a vacuum, reducing the formation of air bubbles in the material. As a result, pieces can be made much thinner and still deliver the strength characteristics of a conventionally-cast, thicker piece.
- Rear tunnel closure: The rear hole on the Phazer R-TX tunnel is closed off to reduce the snow and ice buildup on the tunnel and running boards. The front manifold hole will remain to cool the exhaust pipe. A heat shield will be installed to protect the seat and rear tail plastic.
- Dual Shock® CK rear suspension: The Phazer R-TX uses a Dual Shock CK rear suspension with an HPG clicker shock. The FX Chassis uses a narrow track and the skidframe is accordingly narrower. The suspension offers a number of unique features, in addition to the narrowness. The carrier wheels on the rear upper cross shaft are oversized to improve their efficiency and reduce friction as compared to a small wheel design. The rear mount is built with a cantilever system to allow the track tension to remain consistent through the compression travel. The rear arm has coupling blocks. The front lower shock mount is on a cam to increase the shock rate through its travel.
- Fox® FLOAT® front shocks: Fox® FLOAT® shocks use an air spring. This eliminates the need for heavy steel coil springs. They cut three pounds off the sled’s overall weight, as compared to traditional coil over springs. They are individually tunable by using a pocket-sized air pump, which comes with the sled.
- Tall, narrow YZ-style seat: The tall, narrow seat is an integral element in the sport rider-forward position on the Phazer R-TX. It helps put the rider in the best possible location for aggressive or casual riding. The narrowness of the seat enhances the Phazer R-TX’s overall lightweight feel on the trail.
- Standard electric start and push-button Electric Shift reverse: Yamaha’s electric starter system allows consumers to fire up their Phazer R-TX with a turn of the key. The engine’s decompression system lightens the load required to turn the engine over, allowing a small, light battery to be used. Yamaha’s Electric Shift reverse system lets users shift the sled into, and out of, reverse with the touch of a button on the digital gauge.
- Digital gauge: The digital gauge displays key information at a glance. Vehicle speed is displayed on a large LCD readout. In addition, the rider can select tachometer, odometer or tripmeter data to appear on the secondary readout. The gauge also displays system warning lights, fuel level, and warmer intensity. The right hand side of the gauge has the push button for the Electric Shift reverse system.
- Concentrated hand warmers: The hand warmers have a concentrated element design, which focuses the heat in the middle of the grip material. The result is a warm grip for your hand’s most comfortable riding position. In addition, an insulator is placed between the heating element and handlebar to retain heat longer and more efficiently than previous designs.
- Type: 4-stroke / 2-cyl / 499cc
- Engine Class: Sport Performance
- Cooling: Liquid Cooled
- Bore & Stroke: 77 × 53.6 mm
- Fuel Delivery: 43mm KEIHIN X 2, Fuel Injection, Liquid Heated
- Ignition: Digital T.C.I w/T.P.S.
- Intake Design: 3 Valves
- Exhaust Design: 2 Valves; Rear Exhaust
- Clutch/Transmission: YXRC, Variable Ratio, Electronic Shift Reverse
- Disc Brake Type: Hydraulic, 2 Piston Aluminum Caliper, LightWeight Ventilated Disc, Mechanical Parking Brake
- Fuel Capacity: 7.0 gal. (26.7 L)
- Front Suspension: Independent, double wishbone
- Front Shocks: Fox® FLOAT® Air Shock, Aluminum
- Front Travel: 8.6 in. (219 mm)
- Rear Suspension: Dual Shock CK
- Rear Shock(s): 36mm, H.P.G, Aluminum / 40mm, H.P.G, Piggyback Compression Clicker, Aluminum
- Rear Travel: 16.2 in. (412 mm)
- Overall Height: 52.8 in. (1,340 mm)
- Overall Length: 111 in. (2,830 mm)
- Overall Width: 47.8 in. (1,215 mm)
- Track / W X L X H: 14 x 121 x 1.0 in
- Track Type: Camoplast® Rip Saw®
- Ski Stance (ctr to ctr): 42.5 in. (1080 mm)
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Push Button
- Hand & Thumb Warmers: Standard, 9 Position. Adjustable, Selectable Left Side Control
- Headlight Watts, Type: 60/55W Halogen X 2
- DC Output: Optional
- Color(s): Black/Blue
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 499 cc
- Bore x Stroke
- 77 × 53.6 mm
- Engine Cooling
- 43mm KEIHIN X 2, Fuel Injection, Liquid Heated
- Digital T.C.I w/T.P.S.
- 2 Valves; Rear Exhaust
- Brake Type
- Hydraulic, 2 Piston Aluminum Caliper, Lightweight Ventilated Disc, Mechanical Parking Brake
- Drive Clutch
- YXRC, Variable Ratio
- Front Suspension
- Suspension: Independent, double wishbone; Shocks: Fox® FLOAT® Air Shock, Aluminum
- Front Travel
- 8.6 in. (219 mm)
- Rear Suspension
- Suspension: Dual Shock CK; Shock(s): 36mm, H.P.G, Aluminum / 40mm, H.P.G, Piggyback Compression Clicker, Aluminum
- Rear Travel
- 16.2 in. (412 mm)
- Ski Stance
- 42.5 in. (1080 mm)
- Track Type
- Camoplast® Rip Saw®
- Track Dimensions
- 14 x 121 x 1.0 in.
- 60/55W Halogen X 2
- Fuel Capacity
- 7.0 gal. (26.7 L)
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Standard, 9 Position. Adjustable, Selectable Left Side Control
- Push Button