2018 Yamaha Sidewinder R-TX SE 129
Stock Image: High Vis Grey
Quality Home and Sports Center
Sidewinder R-TX SE 129
This unit is our Demo Model that has approximately 375 miles.
Tried and Trail True.
Turbocharged Genesis engine paired with the agile and aggressive SRV chassis and new Fox clicker shocks.
- 998 Genesis Turbo Engine: The turbo boosted, one liter triple is unmatched when it comes to delivering incredible power with the refinement and quality you have come to expect from a Yamaha. Designed around a premium turbo unit, every engine component from intake to exhaust, is dedicated to producing uncompromised performance. In only its second year in production the Yamaha turbo has earned the respect and reputation befitting the industries highest achiever. Truly this is the potent venom of a Sidewinder R-TX SE bite.
- Dual Shock SR 129 Rear Suspension: The Dual Shock SR 129 rear suspension is the cumulative result of years of punishment and development in snocross and cross-country competition. Utilizing a 'free-acting' front arm which effectively couples to the rear arm under torque loads while letting the front arm float to follow the bumps, keeping the skis firmly planted. This is accomplished using a U-shaped slot on the leading arm that fits over a fixed mounting shaft to allow a limited amount of free sliding movement. This features offers the best of both uncoupled small bump compliance with optimum coupled weight transfer control.
- YSRC High Performance Clutch System: The YSRC primary and roller secondary clutches were specifically designed for durable, cool operation. They harness and transfer the massive torque produced by the Genesis Turbo, efficiently to the track while minimizing drive belt wear. The primary shifts out aggressively to use all the power on tap while the roller secondary is quick to back-shift and provides additional ratio through its oversize sheaves to keep accelerating long after the others have signed off.
- EBRS Engine Braking Control: The effect of 4-stroke 'engine braking' when the throttle valves are closed has a significant impact on handling and ride character. Yamaha developed a special system which employs the ISC (idle speed control) circuit and ECU map using throttle valve movement and RPM information to reduce negative intake pressure during deceleration.
- SE Shock Package: The Sidewinder R-TX SE gets premium FOX® Zero RC front shock absorbers with a quick adjust, 3-position damper system, remote reservoir and preload adjustable coil springs. The skid frame front arm gets an aluminum 1.5 HPG gas shock and the rear duties are carried out by a beefier 2.0 aluminum HPG shock for fade-free performance.
- High Tech Turbo: The Nickel alloy turbine body is extremely strong and precise, able to withstand highly elevated temperatures. Supported by premium, ceramic ball bearings, the Inconel turbine blade assembly is very light and strong. This yields a low moment of inertia for lightning quick response to exhaust gas input. Triple throttle bodies are used exclusively to further enhance the quick delivery of compressed air from the impeller to intake valves.
- Mitsubishi Electronic Control Unit: The Yamaha-developed Mitsubishi ECU uses a series of 9 sensors to gather running condition data which it computes using a predetermined memory ‘map’. It then adjusts ignition timing, fuel delivery, manifold air-pressure and turbo boost pressure to produce maximum performance under any condition - reliably.
- Triple Throttle Body Induction: Yamaha wanted an engine that's exceptionally quick to respond with little or no 'lag' as found in a conventional turbo. One of the ways they achieved their goal was to develop an intake system using three separate throttle bodies positioned very close to the intake valves. Instead of just one feeding long intake tubes — something that is not seen in any other production turbo on the planet. And another first for Yamaha with the Genesis turbo.
- Electronic Air Bypass Valve (APV): Unlike conventional turbo 'blow-off' valves, the Yamaha ABV redirects air pressure back into the intake side of the compressor to prevent surge and help maintain impeller speed, always at the ready for the next acceleration with seamless power delivery.
- Liquid Cooled Turbo Body: Engine coolant is circulated through the turbocharger to control both underhood temperature and help cool the intake charge. Upon engine shut down, the convection energy produced by super-heated coolant at the turbo head keeps it circulating without the coolant pump in operation. This eliminates the need for an engine cool down cycle while maintaining high durability in the turbo components.
- Centralized Mass Design: The SRV chassis layout was engineered with the goal of centralizing mass. Approximately 60 percent of the sled's weight is tightly centered within the main triangulation. The result is a quick-Handling, well balanced sled, that's fun to throw around in a wide variety of conditions.
- SRV Front Suspension: The SRV front suspension geometry is aimed at managing spindle camber, resulting in minimized bump-steer and maximized cornering bite giving rider confidence in varying trail conditions. The A-arms are mounted at a 30-degree angle from the sled's centerline to efficiently dissipate impact force throughout the entire chassis. Likewise, the front shocks mount directly to the leading spar so that trail forces are routed to the strongest part of the chassis. Wide a-arm spacing minimizes flex and stress in the front suspension system, which means consistent and confident corner Handling.
- Lightweight, Rigid SRV Chassis: The SRV chassis combines a load-bearing triangulated structure with lightweight aluminum construction to create a neutrally balanced sled that's centered on the rider. The pyramidal upper frame creates chassis strength without excessive weight.
- Gen3 Tuner Skis: The latest version of the Yamaha Tuner Ski is lightweight and designed for precise Handling response. A wide selection of carbides can be combined to dial the Tuner to fit any riding style. Replaceable ski tips are available in multiple colors for additional customization.
- Over-The-Engine Steering: The straight steering post on the Sidewinder R-TX SE is configured over the engine. It connects to a single bell crank for simplicity and light weight. The design also minimizes free-play in the steering system and delivers a tight turning radius.
- Digital Gauge: Full-featured and easy to read, the digital gauge displays critical information in a glance including speed, fuel level, trip mileage, tach and more. We even included a clock so you can watch the time fly.
- Push Button Reverse: Convenient handlebar positioning makes shifting to and from reverse easy with just the push of your thumb. A servo motor shifts the drivetrain into reverse simply and consistently. An audible warning beeper reminds you when you are still in reverse.
- Standard Electric Start: Yamaha's electric starter system allows you to fire up your Sidewinder R-TX SE with the turn of a key. There is no pulling on a nylon cord to get this high-tech engine growling! And you don't pay more - Electric start is a standard feature on all of Yamaha's 4-stroke machines.
- Large Fuel Tank: The generous 10-gal fuel tank of the Sidewinder R-TX SE serves more purposes than just carrying a day's worth of fuel. It also cradles the battery and is the platform for the quick-release trail seat. The ever-changing fuel load is carried low and rearward, helping centralize the overall mass and balance of the sled.
- Tapered Tunnel Design: The Sidewinder R-TX SE light weight, two-piece, tapered tunnel gives you strength for the long haul and a tapered "fit" for enhanced leg Comfort and overall ride positioning. The reinforced running boards are punched with aggressive boot hold serrations and offers excellent snow evacuation to keep your feet planted where you want them.
- Engine Type: Turbocharged, Liquid Cooled 4 Stroke
- Cylinders / Displacement: 3-cylinder / 998cc
- Bore and Stroke: 80 x 66.2mm
- Fuel Delivery: Electronic Fuel Injection
- Clutch/Transmission: YSRC
- Brakes: Hydraulic wave-style disc
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Push Button
- Fuel Capacity: 8.9 gal. (33.61 L)
- Front Suspension: Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front Shocks: FOX 1.5 ZERO RC
- Front Travel: 10 in. (254mm)
- Ski Type: Tuner III
- Rear Suspension: Dual Shock SR 129
- Rear Shock(s): Aluminum HPG/ Aluminum HPG
- Rear Travel: 13.5 in. (343mm)
- Length: 118 in. (2997mm)
- Width: 48 in. (1219mm)
- Track / W x L x H: 15 x 129 x 1.25 in. (381 x 3277 x 31.8mm)
- Track Type: Camoplast® Ripsaw™II
- Ski Stance (ctr to ctr): 42 in. (1067mm) adjustable
- Windshield: Small
- Mirrors: Optional
- Hand/Thumb Warmers: Standard
- Headlight Watts, Type: LED
- DC Output: Automotive
- Heated Seat: Optional
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Ride responsibly and always ride within your capabilities, allowing time and distance for maneuvering, and respect others around you. Know the conditions. Observe all state and local laws. Never drive or ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation.
- Engine Type
- Turbocharged, 4 Stroke
- Bore x Stroke
- 80 x 66.2mm
- Engine Cooling
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Brake Type
- Hydraulic wave-style disc
- Drive Clutch
- Front Suspension
- Front Suspension: Independent, Double Wishbone; Front Shocks: FOX 1.5 ZERO RC
- Front Travel
- 10 in. (254mm)
- Rear Suspension
- Rear Suspension: Dual Shock SR 129; Rear Shock(s): Aluminum HPG/ Aluminum HPG
- Rear Travel
- 13.5 in. (343mm)
- Ski Type
- Tuner III
- Ski Stance
- 42 in. (1067mm) adjustable
- Track Type
- Camoplast® Ripsaw™II
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 129 x 1.25 in. (381 x 3277 x 31.8mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 8.9 gal. (33.61 L)
- Racing Blue, High Vis Grey
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Push Button