2020 Yamaha Sidewinder X-TX SE 146
Quality Home and Sports Center
Sidewinder X-TX SE 146
All About Off‑trail
Deep snow components allow for carving up the powder before hitting the trail back home.
- Tether Switch: An integrated switch automatically shuts-down the engine when ever the driver is not on-board.
- High Tech Turbo: The Nickel alloy turbine body is extremely strong and precise, able to withstand highly elevated temperatures. Supported by premium, ceramic ball bearings, the Inconel turbine blade assembly is very light and strong. This yields a low moment of inertia for lightning quick response to exhaust gas input. Triple throttle bodies are used exclusively to further enhance the quick delivery of compressed air from the impeller to intake valves.
- Versattak 146 Rear Suspension: The NEW Dual Shock 146 rear suspension is designed around a light mountain, tapered tunnel. It also features a mountain style front arm with new 146" rails and utilizes a longer rear QS3 shock length with a lightweight single pull rod. A newly designed shock pivot is added to the uncoupled front arm to provide smooth transfer for great handling both in and out of the powder.
- FOX® 1.5 QS3 Front Shocks: The Sidewinder X-TX SE front suspension is equipped with Fox® QS3 shocks for a premium upgrade to this model. The Fox® high-pressure gas, coil spring shock features a piggyback chamber to deliver reduced fading, exceptional control, and three easy to adjust compression damping performance settings so you can quickly and easily adjust the ride to conditions and riding preference.
- NEW 146 X 2.0" Camso® Track: The 2.0" lugged Camso® track was born in the Rockies and offers up the best traction for off trail play wherever that takes you. The longer 146" length offers plenty of float and lift to keep you going, but its not so long that you have to struggle to maneuver in tight, challenging terrain.
- Triple Throttle Body Induction: Yamaha wanted an engine that's exceptionally quick to respond with little or no 'lag' as found in a conventional turbo. One of the ways they achieved their goal was to develop an intake system using three separate throttle bodies positioned very close to the intake valves. Instead of just one feeding long intake tubes — something that is not seen in any other production turbo on the planet. And another first for Yamaha with the Genesis turbo.
- EBRS Engine Braking Control: The effect of 4-stroke 'engine braking' when the throttle valves are closed has a significant impact on handling and ride character. Yamaha developed a special system which employs the ISC (idle speed control) circuit and ECU map using throttle valve movement and RPM information to reduce negative intake pressure during deceleration.
- Mitsubishi Electronic Control Unit: The Yamaha-developed Mitsubishi ECU uses a series of 9 sensors to gather running condition data which it computes using a predetermined memory ‘map'. It then adjusts ignition timing, fuel delivery, manifold air-pressure and turbo boost pressure to produce maximum performance under any condition - reliably.
- Electronic Air Bypass Valve (ABV): Unlike conventional turbo 'blow-off' valves, the Yamaha ABV redirects air pressure back into the intake side of the compressor to prevent surge and help maintain impeller speed, always at the ready for the next acceleration with seamless power delivery.
- YSRC High Performance Clutch System: The YSRC primary and roller secondary clutches are calibrated for durable, cool operation. They harness and transfer the massive torque produced by the Genesis Turbo efficiently to the track while minimizing drive belt wear. The primary shifts out aggressively to use all the power on tap while the roller secondary is quick to back-shift and provides additional ratio through its oversize sheaves. The result is continuous acceleration after others have signed off.
- Yamaha Mountain Ski: The lightweight Yamaha Mountain ski delivers everything you want in a deep snow ski. Its wide footprint enhances flotation and actively lifts the sled's nose up on plane in deep powder. Traction lugs on the top of the ski give you a sure foothold when the situation gets really gnarly. The wide and deep keel design deliver light steering effort yet confident and predictable handling on hard pack and in fresh fluff.
- 40" Ski Stance: The 40" ski stance hits the sweet spot between on trail stability with cornering prowess and off-trail maneuverability for deep snow carving with quick transitions from side to side. New, wide cross-over skis feature a single keel design, to compliment the narrower stance.
- Mountain Steering System: A dedicated, tall steering post delivers optimum ergonomics for standup riding. The 5.5 inch riser, with broad, molded, curved-end mountain bar and incorporated mountain strap delivers ample leverage for off-trail riding. The system is adjustable to dial in sweep and reach to help keep you in the sweet spot.
- Stealth Control System: The handle bar controls feature a left hand switch cluster which allows for 'on the fly' access to the multi-step hand and thumb warmer adjusters. Information available on the multi-function gauge can be easily selected with a convenient toggle switch and the push button reverse gear switch is also located in the left hand cluster. The right side of the bar is clean with an ergonomically shaped throttle lever and simple, stand-alone emergency stop switch. An updated Hayes Stealth brake cylinder equipped with a new composite Stealth brake lever provides great modulation for better feel and powerful stopping performance.
- Mountain Seat: Lightweight, with a tall and narrow profile, the Sidewinder X-TX SE mountain seat is both shorter and more tapered towards the front than our standard trail seat. This allows for easier rider transitions from side-to-side, and improved stand-up ergonomics.
- Push Button Electric Start: As with all Yamaha 4-stroke powered snowmobiles, there is no need to pull on a string to bring the engine to life. Easy electric starting is achieved through a simple handlebar mounted, glove friendly, push-button switch.
- Push Button Reverse: Convenient handlebar positioning makes shifting to and from reverse easy with just the push of your thumb. A servo motor shifts the drivetrain into reverse simply and consistently. An audible warning beeper reminds you when you are still in reverse.
- Engine Type: Turbo 4-Stroke / 998cc
- Engine Class: Ultra Performance
- Clutch/Transmission: YSRC
- Fuel Delivery: Electronic Fuel Injection
- Fuel Capacity: 8.9 gal. (33.6 L)
- Front Suspension: Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front Shocks: Fox® 1.5 Zero™ QS3®
- Front Travel: 9" (229mm)
- Ski Type: Yamaha Mountain
- Rear Suspension: Uncoupled Versattak 146
- Rear Shock(s): Fox® 2.0 Zero™ QS3
- Rear Travel: 13.5" (343mm)
- Track / W x L x H: 15 x 146 x 2.25" (381 x 3708 x 57mm)
- Track Type: 2.0" Camso® Track
- Ski Stance (ctr to ctr): 40" (1067mm)
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Standard
- Headlight: LED
- DC Output: Automotive
- Heated Seat: Accessory
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Ride responsibly and always ride within your capabilities, allowing time and distance for maneuvering, and respect others around you. Know the conditions. Observe all state and local laws. Never drive or ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation.
- Engine Type
- Turbo 4-Stroke
- Electronic Fuel Injection
- Front Suspension
- Independent, Double Wishbone
- Front Travel
- 9 in. (229mm)
- Rear Suspension
- Uncoupled Versattak 146
- Rear Travel
- 13.5 in. (343mm)
- Ski Type
- Yamaha Mountain
- Ski Stance
- 40 in. (1067mm)
- Track Type
- 2.0 in. Camso® Track
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 146 x 2.25 in. (381 x 3708 x 57mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 8.9 gal. (33.6 L)
- Electric Start